INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.lasuzo.co.uk is a site operated by Mrs. Susan Mawer trading as LaSuzo (we). Our main trading address at 96 Quay Road, Bridlington East Yorkshire YO16 4HZ. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- (a) You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- (b) You are at least 18 years old;
- (a) You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- 3.1 To place an order with us on our website you will first need to register your details with us. You will be issued with a password that you must keep secret and before placing an order with us you will need to first log in to your account on our website.
- 3.2 After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy Products. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (the Dispatch Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- 3.3 The Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
- 4.1 These terms and conditions relate to the products we sell on our website.
- 4.2 We may from time to time provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that products you purchase from third party sellers whose website we have provided a link to on our site will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are DISCLAIMED by us absolutely. You should therefore ensure that you understand any third party's site terms and conditions of supply before placing an order with them.
- 5.1 If you are contracting with us as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within seven working days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (set out at condition 11 below).
- 5.2 To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing. You must also return the Products to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY
- 6.1 It is our aim to deliver Products within 21 working days for delivery in the UK calculated from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation although if ordering from overseas this period may be longer.
- 6.2 The time periods set out at condition 6.1 are estimates only and deliveries beyond this date will not be grounds to cancel your order unless we fail to deliver Products to you within a reasonable time. Be advised that if you are trading with us as a consumer located in the UK, we have a statutory obligation to deliver Products to you within a maximum period of 30 days calculated from the day after you placed an order with us online after which you have the right to cancel your order and receive a full refund of the purchase price paid.
- 6.3 Whilst we cannot guarantee delivery within the time periods specified at condition 6.1, if you have not received your Products after this period has expired, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or telephone 0845 1200169 (00 44 845 1200 169 if calling from outside the UK) with your order number to hand. We will advise you of the present position and endeavour to ensure you receive the Products as soon as is reasonably possible.
- 6.4 The quantity of any Products as recorded by us on dispatch from our premises shall be conclusive evidence of the quantity received by you on delivery unless conclusive evidence to the contrary can be provided to us. For the avoidance of doubt, any signature given to any courier by any person other than yourself at the delivery address confirming receipt of the Products shall not be deemed conclusive proof of non - delivery.
RISK AND TITLE
- 7.1 The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
- 7.2 Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
- 8.1 The price of any Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time in GBP sterling, except in cases of obvious error.
- 8.2 These prices include VAT where applicable but exclude delivery costs which will be added to the total amount due and will be provided to you once you have provided the delivery address to us on our online ordering system.
- 8.3 Depending upon where we are asked to despatch the goods to and depending on the weight and size of the Products, delivery costs may vary and where the cost for arranging delivery is higher than the cost advised to you on our website, we will advise you of this and give you the opportunity to cancel your order.
- 8.4 In the event that delivery is required outside the UK mainland we will automatically place your order on hold and will advise you within 24 hours of what the actual delivery costs will be by e-mail as well as the estimated time of delivery to that location. Your order will be saved in our system and following receipt of the e-mail you will be able to log in to your account and proceed with your order which will show the correct delivery charges for the delivery location requested.
- 8.5 In the circumstances described at clause 8.3 above, we will only seek payment details once you have confirmed that you wish to proceed with your order by logging in to your online account and proceeding to finalise your order.
- 8.6 Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- 8.8 We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- 8.9 If you order Products from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may also be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- 8.10 Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
- 9.1 Payment for all Products can be made by any major credit or debit card. You can also pay using a UK issued bank cheque or UK postal order.
- 9.2 Where you intend to pay by credit or debit card, as part of the online order process, you will be automatically directed to the website of Barclays who will take your credit or debit card details and will process your payment on our behalf.
- 9.3 We reserve the right to change the merchant we use to process payments on our behalf from time to time.
- 9.4 Only on the date that we intend to dispatch the Products to you will we seek the deduction of the price of the Products and delivery charges from your credit or debit card and only on receipt of confirmation from our merchant that such a payment has been made will we then dispatch the Products to you.
- 9.5 Where necessary pursuant to these terms and conditions, we are also able to cancel or refund individual items of your order should this become necessary in order to comply with our obligations to you.
- 9.6 In the event that you wish to pay us by means of a cheque or postal order, your order will be placed on "hold" until we receive your cheque and have obtained cleared funds to our bank account. Once received we will then send to you an order acknowledgement and proceed to make arrangements for delivery.
- 10.1 As we do not manufacture any of the Products on our website, we will endeavour to transfer to you the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given to us by our suppliers.
- 10.2 We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which Products of the kind are commonly supplied on delivery.
- 10.3 Our general liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement in any way is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased and any losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of us breaking the terms of this agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order was accepted by us.
- 10.4 This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- (a) For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- (b) Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- (c) For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- (d) For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- 10.5 We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us (such as loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time) however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
OUR REFUNDS POLICY
- 11.1 Subject to condition 11.4, when you return a Product to us:
- (a) because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the seven-day cooling-off period (see condition 5.1 above), we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
- (b) for any other reason (for instance, because you claim that the Product is defective or does not comply with the warranties as set out at condition 10.2), we will examine the returned Product and will notify you with our view on whether you are entitled to obtain a refund or replacement Product via e-mail within a reasonable period of time.
- 11.2 If any Product is alleged to be defective or alleged to not conform with any of the warranties in condition 10.2, you must return the Product to us for inspection initially at your own cost.
- 11.3 Where we are satisfied that the Product is defective or does not comply with the warranties in condition 10.2, where you contracted with us as a consumer we shall refund the purchase price paid for the Product subject to condition 11.4 together with the delivery costs we originally charged you when purchasing the Product and any reasonably incurred delivery costs you incurred in returning the Product to us. In all other circumstances we reserve the right to offer a replacement product and refund to you your reasonably incurred delivery costs you incurred in returning the defective Product to us.
- 11.4 Where we agree to make a refund to you, we will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund for the Product.
- 11.5 We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
- 11.1 Subject to condition 11.4, when you return a Product to us:
- 12.1 If you order Products from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- 12.2 Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us must be given to LaSuzo at 96 Quay Road, Bridlington, East Yorkshire YO16 4HZ or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in condition 13 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- 15.1 The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
- 15.2 You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- 15.3 We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- 16.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
- 16.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- (a) Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
- (b) Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- (c) Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- (d) Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- (e) Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- (f) The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- 16.3 Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- 17.1 If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- 17.2 A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- 17.3 No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with condition 14 above.
If any of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 19.1 These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
- 19.2 We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
- 19.3 We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 20.1 We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities.
- 20.2 You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
LAW AND JURISDICTION
Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.